Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The more they remain... insane

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Clearly this also applies to my fear of public forums as well (internet social anxiety? does that exist? I must get some of my army of psych-kids on figuring that one out.) . I am going to have to come up with a schedule to keep this endeavor going.

Perhaps we shall begin with a project introduction:

My major project at the (1st - there are 2, go me) library where I work right now is weeding through our VHS tape collection, which is weird to me. I can't explain it. I suppose it's the technological obsolescence (great phrase, I try to use it as much as possible) making me feel old. Or maybe it's the fact that via this project, I learned that Paul McCartney wrote a "Liverpool Oratorio"...which is -interesting- in and of itself.

But, honestly, I am completely incapable of working on only one project at a time. And, of course, writing happens. And writing can never happen one thing a time either. I write the novel, but every so often my mind will wonder just enough to allow the plot virus beast to do this vicious little dance and chase me around the room until I crank out a story to its liking. Then we have a problem. This is a horrible habit that I desperately need to break myself of. Granted, I try to make sure that every one of my writing projects exists in completely divergent worlds -- otherwise I'd find the characters running about trying to make friends with one another as they did in Gilded Days (I'll get to that, don't you worry your head over it). Still it keeps everything a little slow going. My word count tallies can get a little sporadic to say the least.

My goal for this summer's is to buckle down on one of my main three. Which of the three, at the moment, is still dangerously up in the air.

0 comments: